Saturday, August 29, 2009

[late evening listening] arranging life in its correct order



Women make us men look really shallow and they always occupy the high moral ground. We don't arrange it all in our minds the way they do. We don't dwell on every aspect, prioritizing them and reordering them in response to any new nuance. Women read things into our actions which are simply not there, they hear things in our intonation and in our little pregnant silences which speak volumes to them but not to us.

I always feel so inferior talking with a woman because she watches you and takes in every gesture, every hesitation. Don't get me wrong, I can think, I can feel, I can express my feelings but I don't think things through to the nth degree like women. I'm more likely to say, "Right, do we have an agreement then?" and she'll reply, "What did you mean by looking that way when you asked, 'Do we have an agreement then?'?"

They don't care more than us or less than us - we care long after it's over and they've moved on but they are more intense when together. We're more intense when we're away from them, if we love them. We can paint pictures with words and caress them with them and we can gaze at them intensely so that they blush but they know better if we mean it or not.

This is more like us:

3 comments:

  1. That first one with Merrilee Rush really brings back some memories. I was only 16 when that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of what you say I have experienced in the reverse. I wonder what that means?

    Love the first song :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob - yes.

    Cherie - I can imagine you have, in your case. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.