Friday, September 26, 2008

[top 100] conservative blogs


For someone who railed against the big boys and demanded justice for the little blogger in 2006, do you think I've sold my soul by being particularly pleased by this list?

I do feel there is hypocrisy in some people's version of the tall poppy syndrome - that if someone gets somewhere, then they're criticised for enjoying that. With a straight face, I say that it was never to keep new bloggers mediocre that Blogpower was set up - it was to help them upwards.

Ditto Bloghounds now. Good luck to all on this list.

H/T Steve Green

Total Politics

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation James and other Bloghounds/Blogpower members. Believe it or not I was in the top 100 Labour bloggers in 2006 but I've pretty well nigh given up on political blogging since then.

    Even if I find the views of one or two fellow members unpleasant, I do adhere to Evelyn Hall's paraphrase of Voltaire's principles. So long as fellow members remain respectful and supportive Bloghounds and Blogpower should achive that aim of helping bloggers upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm....I didn't see my name on there!
    Congrats on you being there James. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ignore the people who criticise, you should be pleased with being listed and also of your other achievements in th blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done James- its a true acolade. I'm don't write politically much anymore but I appreciate your articles and though I didn't vote in Dale's poll, I would have voted for you had I done so! (If you can get through that sentence you deserve your award)

    As to supporting the smaller bloggers I don't see the contradiction myself- the thing I'd love you to bring back is blogfocus, I remember that being a real pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, there are bloggers on this page who should be right up there in the Top Bloggers list. There really, really, needs to be a generallist, not jsut political.

    Think I'm going to do this - run one by emailing as wide a variety of people I know to ask them to list the top blogs of their choice.

    Yep, I'm going to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.