Tuesday, July 22, 2008

[tennis, anyone?] tenth ball we've lost


Couldn't resist the above from Theo. Who'd be the ball boy?

Speaking of things ancient, which we weren't, Dick Madeley suggests that the:

Wormwood buttering rack, Edwardian rat-hair doormat, woodworm in French fluting and the set of wooden birthing stirrups ...
... are not necessarily an essential accompaniment to the modern bric a brac home, to which he adds:

I’m constantly amazed by the success of shows that get misty eyed over common-or-garden tat.
Well yes, Richard.

4 comments:

  1. '...out on the fly'. Is this where they are?
    My 21st. birthday present from my mother was an Olivetti portable in a sort of canvas case. I still have an Olympia Traveller I bought 37 years ago - and I love that old clunker more than this keyboard. Must have typed a couple of million words on it.
    Ok, I admit this setup is easier to use - particularly with eyes like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine being mad enough to do that on the wing of a bi-plane?

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.