Saturday, December 22, 2007

[quote quiz] five by two

Click for pic

The task


There are ten quotes here. Five people spoke or wrote all ten, two each. Try to match them:

1 I like a man who grins when he fights.

2 You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone.

3 I am not young enough to know everything.

4 America is the land of the second chance - and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life.

5 Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.

6 Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.

7 I’ve spent a lot of time searching through the Bible . . . for loopholes.

8 A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.

9 Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

10. When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.

The authors

a] Groucho Marx, b] WC Fields, c] Winston Churchill, d] Oscar Wilde, e] George Bush Jnr

The answers

1c, 2e, 3d, 4e, 5b, 6a, 7b, 8d, 9a, 10c

5 comments:

  1. I didnt get any of them!! Have a nice Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't either and am ashamed! No 5 reminds me of Sicily in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I got the two Oscar Wilde ones, of course and the WC Fields Phillie one which you had taught me before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the quote 'when you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.'

    I noticed you said 'screwed' on an earlier post. You're getting kinda foul, Jimbo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.