Thursday, August 30, 2007

[black hole] there may be certain reasons

Ross Fountain had me laughing so soon over having strips torn off me by El Dave [Dave Cole] on another matter:

Astronomers are scratching their heads over a puzzling non-discovery, an enormous hole in the universe measuring nearly a billion light-years across.

I hesitate to offer my humble advice to such eminent astronomers, but when I discover a complete void when looking through my telescope, I usually check to see if I've left the lens cap on. That usually does the trick.

5 comments:

  1. Now that is funny! Wouldn't it be brilliant if it were so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, this discovery didn't surprise me, it fits in with what you would expect, clustering of matter aids heat death at the earliest point,but it creates the largest possible amount of particle collision- we can assume the universe IS structured to acheive maximum energy wastage.
    Posted on this Tuesday- I will be going into it in greater detail in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great joke.
    Especially the astrophysicists amongst my friends/acquaintance will be delighted. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.