Thursday, December 28, 2006

[blogfocus saturday] 21:00 london time

This computer was hit by a Trojan virus about midnight Monday which took it over and reconfigured everything in the name of a Spanish or Portugese host.

Update

Though it is now supposedly back in working order, I had the Blogfocus half ready when the computer suddenly crashed then rebooted itself and the auto-saved text and urls had been wiped.

Update on the update

It will have to be Blogfocus Saturday now, I'm afraid. Tuesday seems to have been a washout. So - 21:00, London time, Saturday, December 30th, New Year Edition.

6 comments:

  1. I have been using AVG, which immediately cut down on those pesky things. They are going to a paying model, so I am going to try one that my company encourages. Very necessary things those anti virus software programmes. Good luck with digging out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm going to AVG on Sundy and shall throw the Kaspersky which was absolutely useless. [Do you detect a certain amount of venom in the comment?]Thanks for the best wishes but hopefully we're now back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hope things get sorted.
    I`m not wishing away the season....just anxious to see my garden again :)
    Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it. i have never had a trojan, but some stupid shopping thing nearly killed my comp earlier this year.


    Hope you sort it soon. i look forward to the blog focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad luck James those trojans are pesky things I hope you get rid of it soon- I had one last year which was a real pain to get rid of but in the end it passed away having applied several programs to it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.