Tuesday, September 26, 2006

[business & state] how far should they subsidize the incapable

Often it’s the asides which are revealing. Chris Dillow stated, in his post on Left Libertarianism: My instinct, then, is that the state should provide a safety net, and not worry too much about letting the rich keep their millions. Stephen Pollard stated: I am contemptuous of CSR - business' job is to make profits, not act as a charity. Calvin Coolidge said: Civilization and profits go hand in hand. The one time I myself accepted the Queen’s coin, I came into contact with people who were – well – inadequate. They simply couldn’t. Sound in mind and limb, nevertheless there was something missing. Who should prevent them from starving to death? No one? Least of all business?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.